The discount supermarket par excellence. Today I have not come to talk about your 3×2 offers but your job offers. Despite having strong competition, Day continues to have more than 44,000 workers and is constantly looking for new employees.
Whether to work in its stores, warehouses, or its offices, before sending your CV to Day, you need to know more in detail what they are looking for from you, how the convoluted employment portal of their website works, and how to make a CV better than the rest of the candidates, so that you can secure an interview.
In this article you will see:
- How to send your CV daily
- Requirements, salaries + Tips for working during the day
- Example of CV for Day
- How to do each Section: step by step
How to Send your Resume to Day
To send your CV to Day you must follow the following steps:
- Access the online portal of employment in Day, through its website and select the type of position you are looking for: in stores, warehouses, and offices.
- Click on “leave your CV here” to start the application process. You can also the available jobs without having to register in “Day job offers”.
- By clicking on “Leave your CV here”, you will need to register or log in with your Info jobs account, if you have one.
- If you access Info jobs, you can automatically fill in all your data and your CV. If you create your account from scratch, you will have to fill in all your information manually.
- If you add your information manually, you will have to fill in your contact details, experience, training, languages , and knowledge, in addition to uploading your CV in Pdf or Doc. If you want to apply for a slightly more technical position or that requires a lot of experience, you can add your degrees, certificates of professionalism, and letters of recommendation attached.
- As you complete each section, don’t forget to click the lower right button to save the data. Once you are done with all of them, click on “see offers”, in the upper right corner.
- En On the job offers page, you can filter the results by province, type of store, type of offer, and postal code, to find the offer that best suits what you are looking for.
- Once you have selected the job you are looking for, read the job description and click on “ sign up for this offer”.
- Next, you will have to fill in a form with both closed and open questions. The more technical the position, the more questions they will ask you.
- Once you have clicked on “sign up for this offer”, you can follow the selection process through My account/My offers.
Tips and Additional Information on Day
The day is a company that, despite having received poor results in recent quarters, continues to bet on expanding its workforce.
- When making your CV, try to demonstrate your experience in the position, through responsibilities that you have had in previous jobs.
- When uploading your photo, try to use a good quality and that shows a good presence.
- If you are looking to work in its supermarkets, Day usually values full availability from Monday to Sunday. The days can be split and 6 days a week.
According to the collective agreement for 2020, the salary in Day supermarkets will be a minimum of € 13,700 per year, rising 6.8% over the next two years.
Example of CV for Day
Manuel Tapia Velez
Applying for the butcher position
Plaza de España, 36
653 498 275
Certified butcher, with two years of experience, working dynamically in supermarkets. From product replacement to customer service. I seek to continue learning the profession while developing my skills in teamwork and a pleasant and personal treatment of clients.
La Gallega, Granada
February 2019 – Present
- Specialized in cutting veal.
- Handling and preparation of sausages to suit the customer.
- Cleaning and preparation of the counter.
- Cross-selling of complementary products.
Primaprix SL, Jaen
September 2018 – January 2019
- The client advises in different sections.
- Organization of products in gondolas of up to 10 meters.
- Assembly of advertising and promotional stands.
- Making cash payments.
Medium degree in Commercial Activities
IES El Valle
September 2016 – June 2018
Compulsory Secondary Education
IES El Valle
September 2012 – June 2016
- Customer orientation.
- Good presence.
- English B1.
- Butcher Course (IC Study center)
- Availability to work from Monday to Sunday.
- Own vehicle.
This is how you make a CV for Supermarket Day that you get a position among their ranks.
You may not have a butcher profile like Manuel’s on his resume. Check out our guides adapted to different positions:
In any case, let’s see how to make your CV step by step so that you can work, whether in a store, in warehouses, or their headquarters.
How to do each section: Step by Step
Choose the Best Format and CV Model for Day
- The most appropriate structure would be the inverse chronological one since it places your experiences as the most important data The most recent professional and academic.
- Use a clean and clear design, without overdoing it with bar graphs or hard-to-read fonts.
- Save your resume both in PDF or in Word. Keep in mind that the maximum that your CV must occupy is 10 Mb.
- If you are looking for a position as a replenisher, cashier, butcher, or logistics operator, try to summarize your CV in a single sheet. If you are looking for a position of greater responsibility, you can include a second sheet, just in case you have really relevant information for the position.
Start with Contact Information
When creating your account on the Day job portal, you will have to add your contact information. However, it never hurts to make it easy for recruiters to contact you. The essential data in your CV are:
- Name and surname
- Since you are requesting
Write your Extract: Profile or Professional Objective
In the extract, you will have to make a small summary of your work trajectory of no more than 5 lines in which you highlight what most important to you as a professional.
If you have extensive professional experience, add your most relevant responsibilities for the position you are applying for.
If you do not have much work experience, focus on your skills most noteworthy, along with an explanation of what you can contribute to the supermarket so that the work rhythm is fluid.
Show your Work Experience
- Start with your most recent job and continue with the others chronologically.
- In each position includes the following information:
- The technical name of your position.
- Name of the company where you worked.
- Start and end dates.
- List of no more than 6 points about your most important responsibilities.
- Try to provide quantifiable data whenever possible.
- Orient your responsibilities and achievements to what Day is looking for for the position (read the job description).
- If you have no experience, try to include internships in companies or volunteers in which you have participated.
Include your Academic Training
The degrees focused on trade, logistics or customer service will be highly valued per Day, to work in their supermarkets or its warehouses.
The data that you must put in your academic training are:
- Name of the degree.
- Center educational.
- Years of commencement and graduation.
Pro Tip: If you are looking for another position technician within their offices, skip degrees like high school to focus on those that are really relevant to the job you want to do.
Show your Abilities and Skills
To work during the day, personal skills are essential, especially when working in supermarkets:
- Make a list with 5-6 points with your most relevant skills for the position.
- Read the job offer to find out what kind of skills and abilities they are looking for in you.
If you do not speak languages or you only deal with a foreign language, add it in this section instead of creating an exclusive section for it.
Give the final auction with Extra Information
In this section, you will be able to mention data that you could not add in the other sections of your CV, but that are highly valued per Day:
- Hourly availability.
- Own vehicle.
- Driving license.
- Professional courses or certificates.
So far everything you need to know.
Despite not having had good results in recent quarters, Day continues to be one of the most important retail trade companies in Spain, with a turnover of 308 million euros, according to the economic ranking of companies.